Wednesday, December 12, 2012

10 days to live, 10 days to L-I-V-E

So with the impending apocalyptic doom a mere 10 days away according to the ancient Mayans, my mind can't help but wander...

What if? What if you had 10 days left on this earth? This is the only life I am certain of, so if the sands of the glass were falling I'd do my best to make the best of those days. For numbers sake, this is my list of 10 things...my end of the world bucket list. If nothing else, it's fun to think about and help you realize what's important to you, ya feel me?

1) Quit my job - If you've been following I actually did this last week and I'm moving to Crystal Mountain, WA this weekend...which brings me to my next...

2) Head to the Mountains and RIDE - I can honestly say that snurfing powder on my board is the greatest feeling I've ever felt. As fresh as the pow, that feeling would need to be fresh in my mind.

3) Joga Bonito - My first and enduring love would have to be played out in its final act. A full match of my 21 closest ballers. My fellow huskies, my fellow patriots, JPSC Fire crew, fens pick-up crew...you're all invited! Tikki Takki, let's keep it beautiful.
4) Get pitted - I would channel my inner Bodhi (R.I.P.) and go to La Push. And I would stay out in the chilly Pacific until I caught a wave. It's something I've always yearned to do one day...this would be the day.
"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine." - Jeff Spicoli. I have a feeling the dude's right...

5) Bungeeeeeeeeeee - Skydiving the summer after I turned 18 was a liberating experience. Free-falling for minutes from an airplane thousands upon thousands of feet in the air was an amazing feeling. It is a true leap of faith, though, and that is why I gravitated towards doing it. I trusted my life, my one and only, in the hands of a complete stranger. I had faith in my fellow human and being able to let go on that level was extremely liberating. That's what was extreme about it. With 10 days left, I think a bungee jump would be in order to implore similar feelings. 1-2-3 Jump!

6) PaRRty - We'd have to get weird one last time. Big paRRty...yes with two Rs..Jared Allen style. You're all invited!

7) Give, give and give - I try to do this pretty regularly, but with limited time the effort would be put forth that much more. There are so many out there less fortunate than ourselves. No matter how bad your situation may be, there will always be another's who's worse. Seattle has a large homeless contigent and I'd make a point to get out there and make sure some of them were fed well before
$h!7 hit the fan. Spread it.

8) No holding back - Being blunt and open eludes many of us at times, myself included. Why though? If you feel something, say something. There have been too many situations where I've found myself withholding things I've wanted to say or do for the sake of...well I don't even know. Fear? Nerves? With 10 days left I would let it all out.  It may come out as verbal diarrhea and stink for a bit, but that smell will soon subside and everything will be all good. It all comes out in the wash, right? Stay true.

9) Say 'I love you' - I would tell anyone and everyone I loved that I did. Love is a beautiful thing that is inexplicable via words but it's expressed in so many ways. I would be blunt and transparent with this one and let my loved one's know that I love them - they have and always will mean more to me than I could ever let them know.

10) They reminisce, they reminisce - Me, my dudes, some 40s and a stoop. As our surroundings were crumbling before us that is where I'd want to be - sittin' and sippin.' That's what it is all about...these experiences, this life...doing it up with my brajs. 


(Side note, I am convinced there was some dude who got stuck with the shizzy job of carving and painting out this calendar into a tablet. This dude was no superhuman and he got tired...hung up the ol' hammer and chisel...'No one's gonna read this thing anyway right?'

Happy Wednesday brothers and sisters. Think about the most important things in your life. Think about what you've always wanted to do. Think, think, think. Then...

NIKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment