Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thankgiving y'all !

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think with these holidays we often lose sight of what they actually signify and where their origins lie. However, what they do do is ground us all and put our head on a swivel. It forces us to reflect on the many things we have to be thankful for...which undoubtedly is many. As I sit here at work I could easily let my mind remind myself over and over how much it sucks to be 'working' right meow, but that's just silly. On my drive here Mama Nature provided me with a quick reminder in case my thoughts went southward...a beautiful sunrise over the Cascade Mountains to the East. Swirls of clouds were overhead with an underglow of warm pinks, oranges and reds painting their bottoms. Underneath the lit sky was the seemingly endless ridgeline of the cascades marking a clear yet rugged line drawn between earth and that above. Thank you Mama. There is so much beauty around us that takes so many forms, make sure you slow down and take a gander. So look up and around...I am sure you'll find yourself surrounded with love and beauty abound. Now let's eat and trip on some tryptophan, NOM NOM !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment